Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hollywood’s Star-Studded Action Movie Dream Team is back for More War in “The Expendables 2”



Sylvester Stallone reunites his real-life friends and fellow famous Hollywood action superstars in The Expendables 2. With the previous The Expendables movie performing wonderfully in the box office, the promise of a sequel wasn’t a question of “if” but “when” and “who” will be appearing in it. The first film grossed to nearly $300 million in the box office and this one is expected to set another record with the movie already premiering in some parts of the world.

Stallone is not only a great actor but also a good writer and among the movie scripts he contributed included the Rambo films, Rocky Balboa film series, Cliffhanger, Over the Top, Cobra and many others. He also directed the first “Expendables” movie among other films and now he’s recruiting all the talents that dominated the action movies from the 1970’s all the way up to now. Among his co-stars include veteran actors and hall of famer Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris,Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Jean-Claude Van Damme,  Terry Crews, Jason Statham and Jet Li. New comers such as Liam Hemsworth who is the real life brother of Marvel’s God of Thunder, Thor (Chris Hemsworth), martial arts expert Scott Adkins and Nan Yu have also been brought on board.

The storyline has gotten even better as the odds against them stack up as high as a skyscraper, and their courage and bravery to overcome such great odds will make this film like a star gone supernova – it just won’t go quietly! The French international superstar Van Damme will play the role of the villain, which sounds nasty because I’ve never seen him play as the bad guy before; heck even his name is synonymous to his role “Vilain.” Take a look at this trailer from YouTube and you’ll see about 10 seconds of Sly’s encounter with him:


 
That scene just gave me goosebumps! I mean it’s one thing to see Stallone fight a different bad guy, but Van Damme? Come on! That has got to be the most epic fight scene in all fight scenes that has ever been shown in the movies! You have Rambo on the one hand versus Colonel Guile on the other, and oh God I can’t stop biting my hand as I clasp it into fist, I’m like watching a fight between Pacquiao and Muhammad Ali and I don’t know on whom will I bet my money. I guess we’ll just have to wait until the movie comes out won’t we?



The movie is set to be released on August 17, 2012, which is this coming Friday and I’ll be in the theaters to watch it, you should be there too if you want to see what caused Stallone and Schwarzenegger to get injured in one of the scenes that they were trying shoot. They even shared some photos in their Facebook fan page as well as tweeted about it in Twitter also. It’s going to be a blast and I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy it like most fans would, especially since I grew up looking up to these guys as my heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment