Saturday, September 15, 2012

Writing for a British Magazine



I never dreamed of becoming a contributor for a magazine that publishes their content monthly, and yet I got lucky and the editor of Air Forces Monthly, which is a famous British magazine agreed to let me write articles for their magazine. I love technology, it’s in my nature and most of the advanced technological applications can be found in the military – particularly the air force. So in my spare time I would research and read about the latest updates on their cutting-edge hardware.

Last May 2012 my article about the Brazilian F-X2 jet fighter program was featured in the Air Forces Monthly May 2012 issue and I couldn’t be more happier. This was one of the greatest yet unexpected achievements in my life if I may say so. If you’re keen about it you can order a copy from them through their official website. The Brazilian F-X2 jet fighter program is still under consideration and three aeronautics companies are currently competing to be selected as the prime contractor for Brazil’s modernization project. The companies are Dassault Aviation (with their frontline bet which is the Rafale multirole jet fighter), McDonnell Douglas and its ace fighter the F/A-18 Super Hornet and the Swedish aeronautics company SAAB offers its JAS-39 Gripen NG.

I am scheduled to write the next article, which will probably be published in the November 2012 issue and it will be about the Russia-India FGFA (Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft) from Sukhoi Aviation and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). Right now the Sukhoi T-50 Pak-Fa stealh jet fighter is at the experimental stage and it won’t be until 2015 when we will see the very first fully operational prototype design. India on the other hand will incorporate their own avionics and other equipment on the test platform, so theirs will be a very different stealth fighter compared to the Russians, just like the Su-30MKi. I will save the full details of this in my article, hope you’ll buy the magazine. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment